Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sharing Student Videos and Providing a Mechanism for Peer Feedback

Recently, an instructor contacted me to find out if there was a way she could set up Canvas to share selected student project videos with all the students in her course.  I showed her how to use the Media Gallery and gave her instructions to share with her students about how they could use "My Media" to create or add/upload their videos and share them to the Media Gallery. 

But I found this example today on the VoiceThread Blog, and I think it would take things to a new level, and make it easier on the students as well. 

Here's what one instructor has done:

"When the [students'] planning and creating process is complete, it’s time to publish. VoiceThread has been my go-to tool for sharing my students’ projects for the last seven years. What better way to publish work for an audience and enable students to hear feedback from others than by using Voicethread? The students uploaded their images with ease, and began recording. The process was quick and easy. Now, they wait in eager anticipation to see who the winner will be.
VoiceThread allows my students to share their voice and grow as fluent readers. Recording has brought many of my most passive students out of their shell, and has boosted their self- confidence when reading for an audience.
Please check out our VoiceThread below, and vote for your favorite team! " (Forward through the student videos by pressing the right-arrow icon at the bottom right of the screen).

No comments:

Post a Comment