Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where is the down time?

I just went to lunch with a few friends -- without my cell phone! How liberating! I didn't do this on purpose -- I just forgot to grab my phone before I left for lunch. Now, let me say that my phone doesn't ring EVERY time I go to lunch, but I can say that it rings more often than not. Of course I checked for any missed calls and messages upon return to my office.

And, when I arrive at home this evening, I'll check for any missed calls and messages on my home land-line phone. I'll turn on my home laptop and check my email, and then go to Facebook to check and reply to any messages there. While I'm in Facebook, some "friends" will chat with me. I'll look up a recipe on Paula Deen's or Rachel Ray's websites and then I'll have to excuse myself, with a "ttyl" and go to the kitchen to prepare supper. I have a small television in the kitchen, which I'll turn on to watch the weather or the news while I'm making supper. Usually, either my cell phone or the home phone will ring during this time, and possibly during our meal. After supper, I'll need to go online to do some reading and perhaps read some help guides on our newly installed wi-fi-capable television, and then finally be able to relax and watch a Netflix movie being streamed to my Blu-ray player. My laptop will be near me and I'll be logged into Facebook during the movie, just so I can keep in touch with my family and friends.

Just before turning in for the night, I'll check my email, my online calendar, and weather.com to see what to expect for tomorrow.

Hopefully everyone else has crashed in exhaustion too, so I won't have to worry about my phones ringing once I'm asleep!





No comments:

Post a Comment